Selling your wedding ring can be a difficult and emotional process, regardless of the reasons behind it. Whether you’ve recently gone through a challenging divorce, are dealing with the death of a spouse, or are simply looking to upgrade an old ring for a more modern or elegant option, we are here to help.
Here are some tips on how to sell your wedding ring or engagement ring while ensuring you maximize its value.
Make sure you’re comfortable with your decision
No matter what, it’s your decision – no one else’s. We want to make sure you’re comfortable with the process, and that you won’t regret it later.
Know your ring
There’s a good chance your ring is valued differently now than when it was purchased or appraised. If you have the original paperwork, this will help streamline the process, but it is not essential.
If your diamond has a graded certification such as GIA, EGL, or IGI, this will likely increase its value.
The price of gold is at an all time high – historically, now is the best time to sell.
Sell with the Guys you know!
There are a lot of factors to consider when selling a wedding or engagement ring.
Some things to consider:
- Pawn shops don’t typically offer the comforting approach that you may desire.
- Online options like Craigslist or eBay can be convenient, but how do you know if you are receiving a fair value for your ring?
- It can be tough to find a jewelry store that will be willing to buy back a ring. Instead, they may offer some type of in-store credit or trade-in.
- Consignment shops might field decent offers, but this may take a longer period of time and will include a sizable commission with any potential sale.
Sell your wedding ring online with The Gold Guys
The Gold Guys’ team is dedicated to getting you the most value for your wedding ring or engagement ring.
We have a A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are honored to stand by our statement that we will pay you the most for your jewelry containing diamonds, gold, and other precious metals. The Gold Guys continue to guarantee to pay you the most for your gold and other precious metals. In the off chance that you do receive a higher offer, we will beat it – every time.
With our number-one-ranked mail-in service in the U.S., you’re in control of the transaction from start to finish at no cost to you.
Here’s how selling wedding rings online for free with the Gold Guys works in five easy steps:
- Fill out the form to request a mail-in kit
- Receive your mail-in kit from us within 3-5 business days
- Package up your items
- Mail back your prepaid, insured package through USPS or UPS to our location
- Receive your offer over the phone or via email
Our risk-free process means that if you’re not 100% satisfied, we’ll return your items completely free of charge. We look forward to serving you!
Contact us today to learn more about how to sell your unwanted jewelry.